Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Baby Bonanza

We had a very fun 80th birthday bash for the Finance's grandma this last weekend. I seriously had a blast! I really enjoy hanging out with his family and there are TONS of them! We laugh because we say they breed like rabbits since there are always a minimum of 15 babies at every given function! I'm a fan because I get to hold them and play with them!

However, we have always said that we are not so keen to have our own. It seems like the thing to do, having a baby, because it's expected of a couple once they are married, but then I stop and think about it. Sacrificing weekends for the next 18 years, sleepless nights, and all of that jazz that comes with a kid. I know, I'm selfish.

Now, I'm not anti-children. I love children. Always have. I just don't think I'm even close to thinking about having them. I haven't gone anywhere or done anything with my life where I feel like I'm ready to settle down for my own brood of youngins. It's not in my plan... yet. Maybe not ever. We'll see.

Well, the Finance, whom I must say is usually terrified at the idea of holding a child under the age of two because he fears he will break/drop them and claims, "I will hold them when they are old enough to rough-house", was getting all googly eyed at those little tykes in their nappies. Then we went to church with his (pretty much) entire family the next morning and there was THE CUTEST little girl sitting right in front of us. I mean, let me paint you a picture: golden ringlets ran wild across her chubby little face while huge, blue eyes peaked out. Favorite word/stuffed animal's name: Sheep! which was said at every moment possible. Favorite drink: Juice! which was said every time she knocked her sippy cup down. When the choir began to sing she bobbed and swayed along with the music while laughing and clapping her hands joyously. A-DORABLE!

The Finance was glued to her chubby, little fingers and even made little cooing noises when she smiled at him. I was awestruck. Who is this guy sitting next to me?? I wondered.

Later, he finally admitted that he was getting a little baby fever and was unsure what it meant and why. He was still talking about it yesterday when he got home from work, although he was claiming that it was because he was "finally over it". I don't believe a word of it. If he were over it, he would have forgotten about it.

Guess what readers, I guess there might be a mini-gidge running around some day. Who'd of thunk it? Not me.

No comments: