Friday, July 17, 2009

-5 is my new favorite number

The diet paid off!

I had to schedule my personal trainer appointment for the middle of the day on a Friday (right after getting into an argument with the Angry Inch, ugh) and I was a little nervous because I wasn't sure if I had lost the weight that she was hoping for me to shed. She had stated that she would like me to be down about 6 pounds.

Well, I weighed myself this morning at home and the scale said I was down 3.5 pounds... but I also need a new battery for that scale. I had checked it at the gym previously to see if the two scales matched up and they seemed pretty close. Still, this isn't the scale that the personal trainer uses every time she records my measurements and weight, so who knows if that's the difference.

So, I flew into the locker room at about, I don't know, mach 5 because said argument had happened just before I was supposed to leave and it caused me to run a tad late. No worries, I was still ten minutes early and was able to change quickly since it was the middle of the day and only stay at home mommies are there. When I met up with the PT she was curious if I had really stuck to the diet and then very pleased when I told her yes and that I hadn't found it too difficult. I struggled through South Beach before and I hated it... I need my fruit. Compared to that, this diet is a cake walk! AND, I can still eat sushi!!

When she had first put me on the diet she had told me that we would meet in two weeks and then she would adjust the diet as necessary. No need! I am quite enjoying my diet as is! I found some great alternative snacks and I've become fond of salads (I know! Me? The Human Garbage Can!! Yep! I really like them!).

Well, anyway, as you can guess from the title of this post - I LOST 5 POUNDS!! Woohoo!

My next appointment is on September 11th. My first dress fitting is on August 24th. I hope I can lose even more weight by then! Not to mention, my legs are slimmer. My thunderous, stubborn legs that have always given me the most trouble when attempting to slim down!

This is the best day ever... sans argument with co-worker.

No comments: