Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

It snowed like a mo-fo yesterday and for some reason my mental state is pretty much non-existent as though it were 75 degrees and sunny and I had a window... in my dreams!

Lately I have been contemplating planning a grandiose date plan for the boy toy as we hardly ever have a night out on the town. I mean, almost never!

A typical date night consists of one of us making dinner, sitting on the couch and going through the DVR's recorded list so that our DVR isn't full and we can record all of the "great" Sunday night TV for another "date". Fabulous.

We are SO boring (although I find comfort in that most of the time!)

So, I have been thinking that I should use my time surfing the internet aimlessly to actually look into some really fun dates that I can take him on. Hopefully they won't be expensive...

We'll see how this turns out! I'm excited!

2 comments:

Brady said...

Suggestions...

1. Salsa dancing at the Loring Pasta Bar in Minneapolis. Saturdays, 10 p.m.-2 a.m. $10/person cash at the door.

2. Pick a new romantic restaurant. Al Vento near Lake Nokomis is beautiful, cozy and the food is great. It won't leave your wallet empty either.

3. Go to the Como Zoo. It's free, although a small (like $2) donation is encouraged.

4. Go for a long walk or a short run and follow up with a big breakfast.

Gidge said...

I have heard so much about the Loring Pasta Bar. That's it!!! It has to be done!! I'm taking him there for a date!

I didn't even think about places around Lake Nokomis. When the weather is warm, we like to walk around the lake on Sunday morning/afternoon. It would be fun to go for a walk and then go to eat!

One plan that I have had FOREVER and we haven't gotten around to, is having a picnic at the Como Zoo! When I worked at Pure Hell... I mean Pier One, I bought a clearance/damaged picnic basket with my discount for $8.00 (I just need to replace a plate!). I want to walk through the Japanese Garden and then have a romantic lunch!

Thanks for the suggestions!