Friday, April 18, 2008

Back from the DEAD!

Yes, it has taken me some time to get back to the blogging! Exactly two weeks!

Woops!

Well, I have been a busy, busy bee.

I recently received a new light box, which has dramatically boosted the requests for my sketches/drawings/renderings and I haven't had a second of time to blog until now!

I am the perspective drawing queen in our office. In the past two days I have successfully completed six perspective drawings!

I've heard that the average person only truthfully works 20% of the week and the rest of their time is spent surfing the internet, chatting with co-workers, and generally dazing off into space.

I believe in the past two weeks I have only spent a solid 5% of my time goofing off. I feel like I have run four marathons in a row and have not stopped to rest.

Although, on a positive note, I feel more accomplished than I ever have at this company and I have a more diverse set of work examples for my portfolio as, previously, we did not draw by hand... ever. I mean, I think only two, maybe three, people in this office have ever taken a drawing class and if I am to achieve the ultimate (a position with a REAL firm!!) I have to show that I have actually DRAWN something for a real job and not just school! I have to prove that I am well rounded in my design abilities in both computer and hand drawing!

FINALLY! I can show something for my five years with this wretched place and, not to toot my own horn, I don't think they're half bad!!

I think I'm going to spend the rest of the day napping under my desk and dreaming of how much more diverse my portfolio will be!

And, by the way, I can't wait to be able to put my portfolio together because I have discovered Blurb.com. If this doesn't catch their attention (a "published" portfolio) then, darn it, nothing will!

No comments: