Friday, March 20, 2009

My New Neighbor

Well, I have a new neighbor in the cube next door and I am just thrilled (take with full sarcasm).

Back story: This "lady" (I use that term loosely) used to work at our office for years and years and years and she scared the pants off of everyone for years and years and years. She's what the French like to call le crazy. She's a wonderful combination of high strung, immature, a suffocating control freak and bad tempered. One blissful day in early spring, she was finally terminated. We are not fully sure of what the "reasons" were, but we definitely know what the reasons were (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) and celebrated joyously.

Well, she's back as a consultant to help us clean up after her disastrous replacement and, as I said before, I am just thrilled. That's right, after terminating her we now have to insert foot in mouth and hire her on an independent contract to fix the boo-boo that was created by hiring someone completely incompetent to do our accounting.

She's supposed to be working remotely from her own office (her home) while we live in harmony at our office. Unfortunately, she has so much damage to repair that this will not be possible for months.

At first she was in a different office in a place far, far away from my quiet santuary, but due to musical offices, which we seem to play about once every other month, she has now relocated next door to me.

Let me just say that when she gets stressed out her evil personality comes out of hiding. You can see such behavior as screaming violently and then falling into her office chair in a pile of heaving, sobbing, messy tears or slamming doors, stomping throughout the office stabbing people with her dagger eyes and loudly adjusting papers on her desk. She is also notorious for eaves dropping and popping in on conversations with no shame of repeating what she was illegally listening to.

As I type, she is berating someone on the phone for not knowing that she must be given the best quote for a service because then she will make their life easy (I kid you not, her exact words).

Let us all celebrate the day (Wednesday, March 18th of 2009) when I became the proud owner of a drinking problem as the result of the new neighbor!

No comments: