Friday, January 30, 2009

If you give a mouse a cookie

Okay, I've hit an all time low. This morning I came to the office with full intentions of finishing a design I started yesterday. I opened the site pictures and began to surf through to find a picture I needed when I realized that I was in a lot of the pictures. Since I was writing measurements while a co-worker was taking pictures on that freezing cold site visit, I happened to be standing in many of the shots and what I saw made a tear role from my eye.

Yes, you may think I am just being hard on myself and yes I have been working out 4-5 times a week and I'm back on the low-to-no carb diet, but this picture... THIS PICTURE! Oy vey! What a mess!

So, being the self-deprecating person that I am, I immediately saved a copy and began to work on a new version of myself in Photoshop (petty, yes I know). However, this did not make me feel better and since it's a Friday in the winter and no one is really here, I took 10 minutes and did 100 squats behind the security of my cubicle walls.

This got me interested, do they have websites for office work-outs? Well of course they do! I don't even have to leave me chair! So I scrolled down the list and found some ab workouts and immediately grabbed my water bottle, scooted my not so little butt to the end of the chair and did some twisting movements for about five minutes.

Then I was curious, how many brides-to-be can you find secretly sweating through a mini-workout in their office? Of course, I turn to Google again to see what I can find. Not much.

So, then I decided I would write about it and here I am. Well, that's how I spent an hour freaking out on a Friday in my windowless cube hell.

1 comment:

Brady said...

You're gorgeous -- and too hard on yourself.