Monday, October 27, 2008

Choices

The wedding planning has been pretty smooth sailing, which is making me BEYOND excited because I feel like we're half way to done! I know, I know... I'll eat those words later when I realize that I let that feeling get the best of me and I let everything go for a while, but for now I'm feeling pretty good.

However, I have a small dilemma and I'm not quite sure what to do.

Recently, we had discussed wedding favors and thought it may be fun to have cigars (both real and chocolate) and the fiance and I will pass them out as we greet our guests. We weren't really that excited about doing a receiving line so we decided that this may be a fun way to personally thank people and hand them their gift at the reception!

I have done some minor research into the chocolate cigar world of the MN area and have found a couple of custom chocolate companies that have cigars. Unfortunately, the first place does not make their own causing the middleman price to be a little higher than I was hoping.

The second place has cigars that are made on location, but they don't really look like cigars. Fortunately, they have a second cigar that very much looks like a cigar with brown "paper" wrapping and the full shape and exact size that they order from somewhere else. Unfortunately, it is again above what I would like to pay due to middleman markup AND! I think that the realistic cigars are the same cigars from the first chocolate company (at a much cheaper price).

I looked up the imported cigar's manufacturer and I am hoping to see what kind of a discount we can get for a "bulk" purchase or what their standard pricing is with shipping and tax.

Hopefully I can find the same thing for a cheaper price!

*The top one is the realistic cigar (it's broken at one end, but you get the idea) - the bottom cigars look more like gold wrapped turds*

2 comments:

Brady said...

Yes, those definitely look like turds:)

Gidge said...

I know... no bueno