Monday, September 15, 2008

Liar's Remorse

I recently had to work at an event for my job. Although it was a Sunday, I was kind of excited because it was at a place that me, myself, and I had done the design and I would be able to answer any and all questions about my work. Big self-esteem builder!

Unfortunately, people are pretty unpredictable and instead of asking "safe" or "appropriate" questions, they will dive right in for the juicy gossip and opinions even though they don't know me. With that comes the obvious, and as we all know if we have been reading any part of this blog previously, I HATE the company I work for and I wish I could broadcast it to the world with every single detail so everyone would know to avoid this place if they are looking for employment! However, I need my job at this point because I am what we call, um, poor.

Let me give you an example of one of the many forms of a particular question that came up and I had to answer while choking and gagging at my own response.

"So, do you like working there?"

What do you think I'm going to say? No matter what my feelings, I don't know you from Adam!!! I'm not going to divulge my pure, unadulterated hated for my job when I'm there to be promoting the very services that bring in my paycheck every week!!!!

Every time I must answer in a very sweet yet believable tone, "Oh yes!! It is wonderful! I get to work on something new every single day!" This usually leaves them satisfied and then they walk away. Meanwhile, I'm in the corner puking my guts out and wondering if I should wash my mouth out with soap because of my profanity!

No comments: