Thursday, June 19, 2008

Crimes of the Truly Fed Up

Is it a crime to take a certain coworkers speakers, douse them in water, and run them out to the dumpster?

I hope not because I don't know if I will be able to contain myself for another minute.

The shear amount of .wav files this guy can download, place in a folder, and use his media player on repeat all or random to play every single one at full blast is amazing. His ultimate favorite is AT&T's text to speech website which allows you to create computer simulated voices and save them to your computer. He has more than I care to know about.

At first, I will admit, it was kind of amusing. He would play sounds when they matched what certain people were saying or what noises they were making. It was basically a way to mock whomever was speaking and there are some good ones... i.e. the idiot I used to work with who has spasms of the word sure and yep while speaking to customers on the phone.

I have now had enough. When he is bored, he searches the internet for sounds and waits for someone to start up a conversation outside of his office and he plays his little sound files in hopes of getting some attention in the form of a laugh or a comment from those attempting to converse.

Unfortunately, he does not understand that he is being completely rude (because he does not seem to think it is wrong to play these while others are on the phone) and when our manager (who was recently promoted to such title and still feels as though he is "one of us" and therefore does not seem to think it deserves any real consequences) attempts to hint that this is annoying and distracting, said coworker chuckles or makes a smart mouth comeback thinking this is simply a joke and that everyone enjoys it.

And then said coworker lets out a deep, chunky belch and I proceed to vomit in my garbage can.

I love this place (insert sarcasm here).

No comments: