Friday, February 29, 2008

Is That a Fat Joke?!

The president of my company has an awkward sense of humor that resembles, at best, a five to twelve year old.

Last night we had an awards dinner that served a very wonderful chicken stuffed with apple dressing, garlic mashed potatoes, and lemony veggies. Simply marvelous.

Desert? Why yes, a scrumptious piece of chocolate cake!

I was very careful to eat all of my pre-dinner salad and veggies while enjoying the company of my co-workers and two random people sitting at our table. I ate a good portion of my chicken and mashed potatoes, but was sure not to over eat as chocolate is a personal addiction of mine.

As we begin the desert portion I take a bite or two of my cake, thoroughly enjoying every moment that the moist delicacy is melting gloriously on my taste buds.

Without missing a beat, the president of the company looks over at my plate and back at a one of the random people, a nicely dressed, middle aged woman, who hasn't touched her cake. He then says with the biggest grin I have ever seen, "Hey Gidge! Did you want another piece of cake!! Hahahahahahaha!!"

Was that a fat joke!?

As you can imagine, I lost my appetite.

No comments: