Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Oh Sexism

We have been intensely seeking new salespeople to join our team.

This is great news for me because more sales people equals more work on my plate equals a happy little Gidge.

One of our potentials is a very qualified and, I think, potentially fantastic woman.

We haven't had a woman sales person since a few years before I became an employee for this company. So I say, WOOHOO!

When word gets around of another potential salesman, the general response is, "Well, does he have computer skills? Where did he work before? Do you think he's any good? What kind of sales amounts did he bring in at his last job?"

Today, as random conversation was being held just past the door to my office, I heard them talking about the potential for a female in this position. This was the question asked, "Is she hot?" That was it.

Oh sexism, you have not come a long way in this office.

No comments: