Thursday, December 6, 2007

Butterflies

It is winter. The snow is falling. This city is covered in a blanket of white.

I love winter activities and it gives me an excuse to wear scarves, which I love. Everything is fresh and clean and white and peaceful.

Unfortunately, that's how I feel outside of work. Inside work it is gray and slow and boring.

When the season is over and the only people starting their busiest time of the year are those residing in accounting who are finishing up their end of year tasks, I sit... and sit... and then sit some more.

Sure, we have little jobs here and there, but for the most part we have to create our own busy work and milk it for as long as we can so we appear to have a purpose.

Well, I love to help the sales team create presentation materials that will allow them to show off their own personal work, but so far I have not started to help anyone with this project and while I wait I sit and mull over how I can get a new job.

Today, after becoming fed up with calling and calling and calling those that I have sent my "Please, I am begging you, hire me!" packet and being unable to reach anyone or have anyone attempt to communicate back, I sent out e-mails.

I was unsure if this was tacky or not... will they think I am being lazy? Should I take a day off of work and personally show up to check if they are all still among the living (without so much as a peep I fear they may have all succumbed to some unknown landscape architect serial killer that hasn't been discovered by the media yet and therefore they have fallen victim in their very own offices).

Once again, as with every phone call I have made, the butterflies have returned and are fever pitched flying inside my stomach.

If they weren't so pretty I would be more angry with them.

No comments: