Friday, June 6, 2008

Casper the Crying Customer

I wish I would have had this blog in previous years just simply because of the wonderful release it would have been to write about this customer of, er, mine?

Casper the Crying Customer is insane. He cries when he doesn't get his way. I mean, literally, tears in his eyes, sniffles, cries. He's probably about 50 or so years old.

He doesn't like to talk on the phone, he only likes to talk in person which prompted him to visit our office just before the end of the day.

I was mindlessly rendering in a co-workers office as my office does not have a drawing table and therefore cannot support the large size of paper I was working with. Our customer service person came to me frantically because Casper had come in and plopped himself in her office hoping that the warranty posted on the contract he had signed many years ago was not actually worded correctly.

"Guess who's here!" she hissed.

"Who?"

"Casper. He's asking for you. He wants you to come down and tell him he can have some plants replaced as warranty"

"Absolutely not, his warranty has been up for years. We had this discussion last year when I went out to his home and his maniacal dog attacked me. Now, I'm going to warn you, he's going to cry. I know that sounds weird, but have some tissues ready".

I'm not sure if she believed me until about fifteen minutes later when she came stomping up the stairs in utter disbelief.

"He cried!! He really cried!"

"I know. I told you to watch out for that".

No comments: