Monday, May 5, 2008

Funkdafied

All weekend, I had these crazy dreams.

I guess I haven't had too many dreams that I remember in the past couple of weeks due to the heightened stress of the start of the season at work. I have been coming home, running through my to-do list (literally), and then crashing hard for a solid 8-9 hours only to wake up with nary a memory of that night's dreams.

This weekend I must have been feeling less stress because each night I had major dreams.

One dream, which was really bizarre, must have come from me watching/reading the news and the recent (and never ending) talk about gas prices.

I was at a gas station and I was trying to fill up a little, red gas can. I had no car and for the life of me I could not fill up this darn gas can! I kept trying to stretch the hose and pull the trigger when all of a sudden I had this sensation that someone was after me and I had to hurry or I was going to be killed. I finally got the darn gas can full and it turned into a miniature airplane, so I hopped on and flew away all willy-nilly like into the hazy air.

I think the scene was the weirdest part of this dream. I was out in this hot, grassy landscape. There weren't anything more than some spots of scrub trees and the color of the dream was predominantly yellow.

The other dream I had was this morning.

I didn't watch Law and Order yesterday... or at all this weekend, come to think of it. Yet, I was a law student at Random University (I kind of felt a hint of Gustavus in there) and I was carrying my briefcase and my backpack ready to become a lawyer for the show. The briefcase was full of class papers and my backpack was full of art supplies such as scales, protractors, pencil sets and markers.

I was running down the stairs, having just said hello to a friend I had passed in the hallway, when I ran into a girl that looked very similar to someone I had worked with at Taraccino Coffee. I accidentally bumped in to her and she smiled and said that it was okay because she had a cut on her leg that was completely infected and me running in to her wasn't as bad as the cut. She was wearing a skirt and proceeded to show me the cut on her thigh.

It was nothing short of disgusting and I pleaded with her to go and see a doctor. She told me that she had an appointment set up for that afternoon and that she had to run because she was going to be late for her next class.

I started my journey up the stairs when I heard a loud crash and turned to see her book bag was spilled on the landing. I ran back down the stairs and as I turned the corner to the next flight of stairs she was sprawled out on the floor.

I knew that she had passed out from the infected cut and I immediately began to clean up her book bag and look through her cell phone to call someone. The cell phone didn't work so I placed it in my pocket and began to organize my art supplies on a small table at the bottom of the stairs.

Meanwhile, she woke up and grabbed her stuff and ran to class. I followed her and knocked on the classroom door to plead with her to call an ambulance. That was when she had had enough of me. She opened the door slightly and hissed that she was fine and did not need some random girl from the stairs telling her what to do.

The end.

I know, they were odd dreams.

No comments: