Monday, November 19, 2007

V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N-!

Well, the wedding I was in this weekend is done and it was BEAUTIFUL.

I am on vacation! I don't have a darn thing to do until seven days from now and I'm so happy! Well, besides hanging out with friends and the big turkey day I guess!

This whole wedding thing has brought my lovely boyfriend into a family situation that I have dealt with previously...

"So, you're next, huh?"... "So, when is your big day?", "So, you two planning anything like this soon?"

We have obviously talked about getting married, A LOT!, but we are not engaged yet. We hope to be soon and I know that it makes him feel a little stressed out, especially after this wedding because we heard a lot about the costs. Especially with the size of both of our families... HUGE!

We haven't heard the final numbers, but it makes him nervous because we have a house and car payments along with the rest of the bills that we are slowly paying down.

I promised him that you can have a wedding that looks nice for not that much money, but it seems as though he is concerned about what "not that much money" actually means.

I have been saving. I have enough to cover booking places, the dress, hair, makeup, and a few other things.

We have talked about a budget, but he seems reluctant to allow my parents to pay for parts of it.

I have no idea why.

Oh well. I guess we'll get there when we get there.

I am fortunate to have a boyfriend who wants to be as involved as he is planning on being.

No comments: