Monday, November 12, 2007

Double Whammy

Okay, so I did it. My heart is pounding. My forehead could use a dab or two. I think I need to change my pants.

I called them all. I know it's a little late in the day and I figured no one would be around to answer the phone, but because I had to work a little later and couldn't call during normal business hours, a voicemail will have to constitute as a heads up that I will be calling again tomorrow. They can use that warning to prepare for my call.

AND, my lunch meeting was moved up by a day and turned into a breakfast meeting so I figured in the off chance that I am to become unemployed tomorrow, calling the potential work places would be a step in the right direction.

Now I have to untwist the knots in my stomach and force a little food down my throat.

I really hope that they call me this week because I have all of next week off (I am a major PTO hoarder and now I have more time than I know what to do with and almost no time to actually use it!).

Wouldn't it be great to know my fate so I can sit back and enjoy my turkey day?

Now I have to find funding to put together a decent professional wardrobe seeing as my current job probably wouldn't care if I showed up in my pajamas! Well, maybe not that bad, but my appearance on a day to day basis has been pretty similar to my weekend attire... jeans and a t-shirt.

Someday I'll miss that.

No comments: